๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธLand of fire and ice- ticking off my dream country off the bucket list! Iceland ♥️

 


And if you are a Game of Thrones fan, I hope the amazing soundtrack has already started ringing in your ears! Or if you are more of the Bollywood fan girl/guy, do you remember SRK romancing Kajol in front the magnificent Skogafoss waterfalls, the breathtaking double rainbow in the back...and I was just lucky enough to have my own "gerua" moment, and capture the ๐ŸŒˆ too! It took me 27 years of my life to visit my dream destination and I have nothing but a heart full of gratitude to the universe for making one of my biggest travel goal come true. 


And the moment I stepped out of the flight, and onwards into Reykjavik, I knew this is the world's second happiest country for a reason! ♥️๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

Flashbacks from 2016 December Christmas time~ a very bubbly, happy go lucky 12th grader Sneha, couldn't believe her eyes as she watched the surreal..no unreal would be the better term- unreal landscapes, where SRK and Kajol swayed to "duniya bhula ke tumse Mila hu, nikli hai dil SE yeh Dua, rang de tu mohe gerua". I had fallen in love, totally in love with those picturesque locations. I couldn't believe my eyes, something like existed. I knew instantly, if I ever had the money, chance and luck to visit one dream destination - this is it! Iceland you beauty! ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ♥️. And I'm determined to visit again. Rightly said, nothing comes for 5 euros here, but Iceland is simply worth every euro spent there! And I was lucky, lucky, lucky enough to have my own double rainbow moment at the Skogafoss, after all the risks I took of walking up to it, badly slipping on the melting snow and black ice. 

Here's my tip guys- visit Iceland in the summer, if you want to soak in it's beauty to the fullest and be able to run through the lush green landscapes. But if you also want to experience some GOT vibes, then I recommend winter. It was a snowyyy wonderland. Can you guarantee you enough snow for a lifetime!

Highly debatable, ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ may or may not be the most beautiful place out there, but it is undoubtedly the most unique place on planet earth. Or to aptly describe Iceland's true beauty - this is "Planet Iceland". The land of fire and ice- volcanoes and glaciers and the killer waves of the black sand beaches, all existing side by side in perfect harmony! ๐ŸŒ‹ ๐ŸŒŠ

And last time I was so delighted by the sight of my whale buddies ๐Ÿณ in Norway...I was dying to catch a glimpse marvelous sight again! But but but our whale buddies only visit tromso for a period of 3-4 limited months. And it was a beautiful surprise for me when I found out that Iceland infact offers you whale watching too in this season. And so I got to meet my whale buddies again. And a bonus, you get to meet the cute dolphins ๐Ÿฌ too, and can also signup for a puffin watching safari. I however skipped that one due to my limited schedule.


Miss Cattonaut totally agrees with me and while she did invite me into her spacecraft, I had to politely turn down the offer because there was analysis waiting for me back home, but surely I have promised to visit her again, this time with more time in hand! ๐Ÿ˜ผ


Comments

Popular Posts