New York City 🏙️ 🗽

 

New York Cityscape ft. Statue of liberty 🗽 🏙️


Paint- Copic Graphic markers and beeswax crayon for the sky ( since I didn't have a sky blue marker)

I'm genuinely enjoying the midsummer with the polar days, and trying to make the most out of it. As it turns out, lack of daylight depression and sickness is real. So now I'm trying to make the most out of the sun, and the nightless nights. Painting and art has been my creative outlet and stress therapy ever since I was a kid, and it has never let me down honestly. I always got the dopamine hit I wanted out of instantly creating some form of art. Instant art isn't bad unlike instant noodles I guess. Actually for that matter, instant noodles is not that bad either - it is such a saviour, especially if you have to travel on a tight budget as a student. 

So the gram today is suddenly full of New York reels. They say dreams can come true in the US. Dreams come true in dollars ofcourse! 🤑 

I have never been to New York. Actually, I have never been to the United States. I have only watched it throuh movies. And boy, it indeed looks like a million dollar dream. Hmm...maybe oneday I will get lucky to visit New York. But why wait till oneday? So here I decide to make use of the secret anywhere door portal that I now have in my room, and sneak in to NYC through my painting. And paintings can and do come alive, if you didn't know ;)

And I think we should all have a corner of our room that defines our personality and acts as a safe space that we can visit for warmth, clarity, motivation and a reminder of our true self, a place that reminds us of the dreams that have come true, and the ones that are yet to. This is mine, and I hope I managed to inspire you to create yours too! 

Comments

Popular Posts