Brutalist Beauty Belgrade 🇷🇸
Let's talk about some brutalist architecture...shall we?
While I'm supposed to work, some guy keeps talking on his phone nonstop in some Turkish maybe? Not letting me focus on my work -_-
So here I'm, in my safe place where I always somehow land up when I am distracted and can't focus on anything. And how annoying are people that talk loudly on calls during work hours? Or is it just me having some sort of OCD?
Anyway, Serbia out of all place was not on my list. But it's been quite nice actually, to get an idea of how the Soviet ruled society looked like? Belgrade, even though European, is sooo different from the Nordics. So currently the Balkans/ a bit of Southeast Europe shall I say? And Yugoslavia in the past, screams of the brutal architecture the very moment I land there. I wonder why they painted the buildings a dull gray, and why does every flat seem so congested and on top of each other? Hmm..I really am curious behind the motivation and intent of the Soviet era architecture. This is in so much contrast to the colourful the cute looking houses in the Nordics, that I'm now so used to seeing and infact even liking a lot.
And yet in the very same Belgrade, this picture is from an apparently medieval town of the region, and this gives me so much similar vibes to Tallin and Prague with all those orangish roofs of the small 🏘️. I 🤔
Thankfully, man has now hung up his phone. So I can get back to my work. But since I anyway started this blog, I shall come back to it during one of the nights this weekend.




Comments
Post a Comment