Faith, hope, butterflies...Wayanad

 

A blurry picture from one of the best days in my life, with some very special memories and moments that will forever be etched in my memory, sweet-safely kept in my heart.

Right in the middle of the off-road jeep safari at midnight, in the hilly forest roads of wayanad with the some of the best people I was lucky enough to meet in the trip- And that's a picture from the best night of my life, when I knew I was moving on in life, when I knew I was capable of experiencing happiness again, renewed happiness, renewed excitement, tingling butterflies in my stomach, childlike excitement inside me, the sheer joy of experience something old yet new at the same time, the joy of being able to feel and tell myself that you are healing and you are experiencing all things warm and hopeful and full of affection once again in life! (Picture and memory from 16 June, 2024)


Cut to 5 months later-

And it's 2 AM midnight of November 18, 2024. Since sleep hasn't hit me yet, I thought of making some good use of the time and typing down my exact feelings right now. Feelings of happiness after a period of troubled days and disappointments. I feel a tinge of excitement and happiness again, and it all connects back to my trip, especially to the mountain wild life safari night I was sooo damn excited about and which I'm so glad I enjoyed to the fullest. 

Travel is therapy. I have been traveling ever since I was a kid, thanks to my dad's transferable job and also him being a huge travel enthusiast. I remember living in the foothills of the mountains for an entire year, when I was in fourth standard, due my dad's job posting there. And we would see the mighty Kanchenjunga and the Bhutan ranges from our quarter's terrace every morning after sunrise. The weekends meant going on long drives to the nearby rivers and forests. Vacations meant mountains. And that's how my lovestory with the mountains and traveling started!

And now I have realised it more than ever, surround yourself with people who like to travel, become friends with people who like to travel, fall in love with a person who likes to travel, fall in love with traveling, keep looking forward to trips. As people who love traveling, as I have eventually discovered, are the most open-minded, non judgemental, pure hearted and optimistic ones you will ever meet! 

 


I promise to finish this blog and give out akm the details of the thrilling safari.



Comments

Popular Posts