Andaman and nicobar Island : part 1.

Andaman Ross Island
 
Image source - found this picture of Ross Island in our old album. It was clicked with our Kodak still camera back in 2006. 


 NOTE - It's going to be a pretty long blog and I'll divide it into five posts ( to make an Andaman series) , so I can pen down every single detail of my trip clubbed with my raw emotions, details of how we reached there, sideseeing, hurdles, the thrill of watching "jarwas", etc. 

Also I went there way back in 2006, exactly one year after the 2005  tsunami hit the islands. So we got to see Andaman in its raw versio,  still very much undisturbed by technology  and the very original version of  the local nomadic tribe called "JARWAS", which will give a fair description of how prehistoric man really looked like.  But if you are visiting it now or have visited Andaman recently then you may expect to not connect much with my descriptions and will find quite a lot of changes. 

But if you are looking for a raw virtual experience of the unchanged, maiden Andaman, then we are good to go.


If there's one thing I absolutely love to do after reading storybooks, it is travelling!  Infact if I could, and if it ever seems viable then I would happily take up traveling as a career option rather than just a past time passion. 

So let's jump into the most favorite traveling experience of my life : Andaman and Nicobar Islands.

let's get started ~

So on one fine morning of 2006, few months before the durga puja vacations, my father announced that we were going on a trip to ANDAMAN. I was only a naive 7 year old back then, studying in 2nd standard, who didn't really know what Andaman and nicobar Island was? Only once or twice had I come across the definition of island in my geography book. But the fact that we were going to travel by a plane and it was going to be my first aeroplane ride was more than enough to make me jump up and down in joy! My happiness knew no bounds, since now I was going to be among the few lucky kids in class who had the fortune of flying above the clouds (call me silly, but yes I was one)! 
I was also badly hoping that I might spot a shark in the ocean! 🦈🤣

4 months later :

On a bright sunny day ~7th October, 2006-

I was  running around the house in joy, because we were going to board our flight to Andaman tomorrow morning at 6 AM. What's more? Today was laxmi puja. 

I was happily munching on all the narus (a coconut sweet), sweets and prasad prepared by my mom n granny, and this continued till night. My parents finally convinced me to go to sleep by 11 pm since we would hardly get anymore sleep afterwards as we had to go to the airport early and hence we would start by 3 am. A restless and excited me, hardly slept. At 3 Am we went out with our luggage and got into our cab. 

As fate would have it (it always messes with me) I started feeling dizzy and nauseated and threw up on my mom. By the time we reached the airport, I was crying to take me back home. My mom cleaned herself and my dad gave me medicine. By that time my dad's colleague's family who would accompany us on the trip had also arrived. Our flight was at 6Am. We still had almost an hour and 40 minutes to go. 

But looking at my condition and the mess that I had caused, we were in a dilemma if we should board the plane or head back home. 

To be continued in my next post... 




Comments

  1. Sooooooo excited about this series!!! Andaman is a beautiful beautiful place.😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤓.. It is, we will visit it again someday, this time together (and we will rule the havelock Island 🏝️)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts