RAINBOW!
~Dolly Parton
As a kid, my favorite thing to draw was a rainbow and then fill its bands with those vibrant colours of VIBGYOR!
Unicorns and butterflies managed to secure the 2nd and 3rd positions respectively in the list of my favorite things ofcourse.ππ¦π¦
But as they say time flies.It flew in the blink of an eye, and I was soon a 9th grader, sitting on my bed, trying to mug up the sentences that explained how the phenomenon called rainbow occurred!
It was since then that I decided that physics was an absolutely boring subject (no offence to you dear reader, if you happen to be a crazy physics head) and it's not everyone's cup of tea.
So as physics says, Rainbows are nothing but an optical phenomenon caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets. This causes the spectrum of light or the VIBGYOR band we see in the sky after a light spell accompanied by sunshine.
But, for me, I still believe rainbows are caused by MAGIC. I believe the fairy queen must have been happy and sprinkled some glitters into the sky causing this beautiful band. As a kid I would watch cartoons where friendly dragons would fly cute kids up into the skies and then those kiddies would play on rainbow slides! Oh, how I wish I could be one of them too!π€
RAINBOW spells magic, love and all things beautiful and optimistic! That exact moment when there's rain but also sunshine, and then you can't contain your excitement when you spot nature's most beautiful visual!
For me those rains depict the little heartbreaks, those never ending struggles, that exhaustion, moments of almost breaking down and crashing down... But then again, there's that shine too, little miss sunshine as I would love to call it, that depicts those rare moments where you shine bright, when you smile, when your heart smiles, when you are beaming with joy, when you have climbed up one more step closer to your dreams, when you are in the warm embrace of your loved one, when you finally get the highest marks after pulling off an all-nighter, or when you are simply sitting relaxed in your balcony and sipping on your favorite tea.
Life is a journey filled with moments of struggle and moments of joy. To bask in glory, to feel what happiness really means, it's so important to feel pain, to get hurt, to make mistakes. But always remember if there's pain, there's joy too because one simply can't exist without the other!
If there's rain, there's sun too. Those dark clouds shall pass, you will find your silver lining or maybe, even better, you might just find your rainbow. So just keep looking for it!
PS-do you know, rainbow - rather the VIBGYOR band is also the symbol of the the pride month! it is used to depict something as pure as this;something that fights for the rights of love, that gives us a simple message that love is love. π
Picture credits~my dear friend Sheetal.
Also the sky today looked like it was almost about to rain and my mind just doodled a rainbow, and hence I landed here.


Amazing write-up ✌πΌ✌πΌ✌πΌ I like the contentπ
ReplyDeleteThank you, my favorite girl ❤️❤️π
DeleteThis is beautiful! You're improving graduallyπ .Here's a happy rainbow for you're good workπ.
ReplyDelete~Anushka
Thank you ma'am ππ€π€
Deletevery nicely written Sneha
ReplyDeleteThank you π€
DeleteThank you Sam ❤️π€
ReplyDeleteI loved it ❤️
ReplyDeleteThanks Mou π€❤️
DeleteFelt amazing to e-read this excellent content. Please keep writing more :) Awaiting.
ReplyDelete